The human body is a beautiful, wacky, and mysterious machine. Your body is a wonderland. A weird, miraculous, disgusting, wonderland. Check out these fascinating facts about our body-:
1. Pound for pound, the strongest muscle in the human body is the masseter (jaw muscle). It can clamp your chompers shut with 55 pounds of force on the incisors and 200 pounds of force on the molars.
2. The cornea is the only part of the body with no blood supply — it gets its oxygen directly from the air.
3. Our mouth produces about one liter of saliva each day!
4. The human brain has a memory capacity which is the equivalent of more than four terabytes on a hard drive.
5. Depending on your beats per minute, your heart beats about 100,000 times a day. That means it sends 2,000 gallons of blood through the body.
6. The largest bone in the human body is the femur. It can support 30 times the weight of a person’s body. Ounce for ounce, that’s stronger than steel.
7. Your ears and nose will never stop growing until the day you die. In fact, your earlobes will also elongate from gravity.
8. The human body contains enough fat to make seven bars of soap.
9. Laid end to end, an adult’s blood vessels could circle Earth’s equator four times!
10. A newborn child can breathe and swallow at the same time for up to seven months.
11. The highest blood flow isn’t in your heart, liver, or brain — it’s in your kidneys. That’s because kidneys are the body’s natural filtration system.
12. In an adult human, 25% of their bones are in the feet.
13. People with blue eyes have a higher alcohol tolerance. Interestingly, they also have higher rates of alcohol abuse and dependency.
14. Embryos develop fingerprints three months after conception.
15. The average person has 67 different species of bacteria in their belly button.