There are lots of rules and laws that we have to follow. But some places around the world have laws that are so strange, it’s hard to believe they’re real or even necessary.
The rules and laws differ from country to country, and some of them are unbelievably strange, just like Sri Lanka Buddha tattoo ban, and kissing ban in Nevada!
- In Manila, Philippines, you cannot drive on Mondays if your number plate ends in a 1 or 2.
2. In Milan, Italy, it is illegal for citizens to frown in public — unless they’re at a funeral or visiting someone in the hospital.
3. In Singapore, those who can’t live without chewing gum will be fined. Because it’s been banned here since 1992. The people there believe that gum can harm a person’s health and damage the environment.
4. Driving a car shirtless is considered offensive in Thailand. Motorists need to ensure they are wearing a shirt no matter how hot the weather or their abs are.
5. In Switzerland, you’re not allowed to flush the toilet after 10 p.m. as it’s considered noise pollution.
6. According to a law in Scotland, you must allow someone into your house if he knocks on your door and needs to use the bathroom.