William Henry Gates III is an American business magnate, software developer, investor, and philanthropist. He is best known as the co-founder of Microsoft Corporation.
Entrepreneur and businessman Bill Gates and his business partner Paul Allen founded and built the world’s largest software business, Microsoft, through technological innovation, keen business strategy, and aggressive business tactics. In the process, Gates became one of the richest men in the world.
Here are 20 Facts About One of the Richest Man- Bill Gates.
1. Most common things that everyone knows are that-:
· He’s the richest man in America (second-richest in the world right now).
· He co-founded one of the most successful tech companies of all time in Microsoft.
· He’s an extremely generous philanthropist through the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
2. Bill Gates aimed to become a millionaire by the age of 30. However, he became a billionaire by 31.
3. The private school he attended as a child was one of the only schools in the US with a computer. The first program he ever used was a tic-tac-toe game.
4. In addition to his work at Microsoft, Gates was also known for his charitable work. With his wife, Melinda, he launched the William H. Gates Foundation (renamed the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation in 1999) in 1994 to fund global health programs as well as projects in the Pacific Northwest. During the latter part of the 1990s, the couple also funded North American libraries through the Gates Library Foundation (renamed Gates Learning Foundation in 1999) and raised money for minority study grants through the Gates Millennium Scholars program.
5. Gates has held the #1 spot on Forbes’ list of the world’s billionaires for 18 out of the past 23 years. From 1995 to 2017 he was at the top of the list but has since been bumped to the number two spot by the fellow tech giant and Washington state resident Jeff Bezos, founder of Amazon.