Red is the color of extremes. It’s the color of passionate love, seduction, violence, danger, anger, and adventure. The use of red in art and design is to capture attention. This may be due to our biological tendencies to be attracted to a color that reminds us of sex and violence at once.
Here check these extreme facts about colour red.
1. There are at least 23 shades of red.
2. Red also means “Beautiful” in Russian.
3. Red is the color of good luck and wealth in China. Numerous brides wear red in China (and India, Pakistan, and Vietnam) and money gifts are often given in red envelopes.
4. Red is the most popular color used on flags in the world. Approximately 77% of all flags include red.
5. Men in red are more attractive, more powerful, and more sexually desirable to women.
6. In Jamaica, red is slang for drunk.
7. Red is also the color of blood. So it connected to sacrifice, danger, and courage.
8. The color red doesn’t really make bulls angry; they are color-blind.
9. Red is the most romantic color of all. It’s the color of Valentine, but also the dominant Christmas color. Lighter shades, like different pinks or crimsons, express more feminine, while stronger hues of red, like ruby or scarlet act, is much more masculine.