There are numerous things to discuss about Brazil. As a huge country with enormous diversity, there is something interesting in every aspect of the country. From the beginning of Brazilian history to current times, from sports to food.
1. Relatively recently discovered evidence suggests human settlement in Brazil began more than 30,000 years ago.
2. Osama Bin Laden-themed bars are something of a trend in Brazil. Well, there is a couple, anyway. Bar do Bin Laden in Sao Paulo — run by an Osama lookalike — and Caverna do Bin Laden, or “Bin Laden’s Cave” — which can be found just in Niteroi, around 25 kilometers north of Rio de Janeiro.
3. Brazil is the world’s fifth-largest country by both population (approximately 210 million) and geographical area (3,287,597 square miles). It borders every other South American nation, barring Ecuador and Chile, and makes up 47 percent of the continent.
4. Brasilia, the country’s capital, took just 41 months to build, from 1956 to 1960 (Rio had been the capital for the previous 197 years).
5. Brazil has been the world’s largest exporter of coffee for more than 150 years. It supplied around 80 percent of the world’s coffee in the 1920s; that figure has fallen to around a third.